WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined, almost drastic. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true colour of the tattoo will be revealed, again based on good aftercare. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten giving a more natural appearance. Be patient, even if you think too much colour has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true results, as often clients become quickly worried by the changes. Once FULLY healed after 6-8 weeks, your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later.
There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo.