WHAT IS LIP PIGMENTATION?
Lip Blush or a semi-permanent lip tattoo is a micro-pigmentation procedure that involves placing pigment along the natural outline of the lips and shading the colour down into the middle. Lip neutralisation is a micro pigmentation technique to neutralise hyper-pigmentation in the lips. Using a micro pigmentation device, these techniques are designed to define, enhance the lips, and treat dark spots. These services can last up to 5 years depending on your skin retention.
IS LIP PIGMENTATION FOR YOU?
Ask your beauty specialist about lip pigmentation and your skin tone.
This treatment is ideal for anyone who has lost volume and definition to their lips. Lip pigmentation is great alternative to temporary lip fillers and for anyone who does not want to wear makeup and just add a hint of colour to their lips. If your skin is a fitzpatrick 4 or up lip neutralisation is essential in order to achieve desired results.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT ?
- Your lip colour but better! Think of it a semi-permanent lip stain.
- Rejuvenated lips by restored definition and fullness.
- A minimum of two sessions lasting two hours each are required.
- Your lip colour will look darker and dryer for the next 5 to 7 days following the procedure. If your skin is fitzpatrick 4 or up there will be temporary post inflammatory hyperpigmentation during the 8 weeks following the sessions.
- Nickel and iron oxide free pigments.
- Safe procedure, we use disposables needles and supplies.
- Painless procedure, we apply numbing gel make sure you pain is minimal.
Don’t worry, we are here to answer any questions you might have regarding this procedure. You can also refer to the FAQ section of our website.
- Do not touch your lips for 10 days. Only touch the treated area with squeaky clean hands to avoid infection.
- 3 hours after your procedure: Gently wash your lips using an antiseptic soap or a non-perfume soap.
- DO NOT rub, scratch or pick at the treated area, as picking will cause infection and loss of pigment. Instead, let any scabbing naturally fall off.
- The next morning, start applying a THIN layer of the aftercare cream that has been provided,r by rolling a clean cotton swab along the lips. Apply 2 to 3 times a day for 10 days following the procedure.
- Use a clean cotton swab each time you apply the aftercare cream. DO NOT double dip in order to avoid cross contamination.
- Avoid acidic and spicy food for the next 5 days.
- Brush your teeth after every meal for 5 days.
- Avoid smoking for the next 5 days.
- You must drink with a straw until the lips are scab free (approximately 5 days after the procedure).
- Do not apply any cosmetics, any products or tools on the treated area for a period of 14 days following your procedure.
- No gym and excessive sweating for a period of 7 days following the procedure.
- No swimming, saunas, hot tubs, hot baths or hot showers for a period of 14 days following the procedure.
- DO NOT expose your skin to direct sunlight or use tanning beds for a period of 14 days following the procedure.
- Sleep on your back for 5 days to prevent your lips from touching the pillow.